Assistant Director, Texas Native Seeds - Midland, Tx
The Assistant Director of Texas Natives Seeds (TNS), under general direction, assists in directing and supervising the TNS Project in Midland, Texas. Oversees the daily management and operations of facilities, including evaluation sites with state, federal, and private partners, and research and demonstration projects with private landowners and agencies. Maintains close working relationships and educational focus with private landowners, and cooperating agencies. Leads technical and fundraising activities associated with the Permian Basin/Panhandle Project of TNS. Position will be headquartered in Midland, Texas.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manages and maintains collaborative relationships necessary for achievement of the Permian Basin/Panhandle project mission with various agencies and private sector groups.
- Acts as a representative and liaison for the TNS project at various functions, events, and on State and National committees as a representative of CKWRI, TNS, and partners in the Permian Basin/Panhandle project region.
- Oversees and directs the management and operations of TNS facilities and research plots off campus on state and federal lands, and private ranches.
- Assists with the writing, editing, publication, and distribution of correspondence, newsletters, scientific publications, proposals, reports, and popular articles aimed at educating and engaging external constituents in the Permian Basin/Panhandle project region.
- Serves as liaison for project operations, including facilities management, personnel management, research activities, purchasing, and fundraising activities in Permian Basin/Panhandle project region.
- Consults on project requirements and directs/evaluates the daily schedules and productivity of associates and student technicians.
- Ensures effective operations of facilities, schedules, and budgets for necessary maintenance. Reports infrastructure needs to appropriate leadership for evaluation and budgetary planning to ensure project goals are met.
- Oversees spending and budget. Plans, oversees, and directs construction projects and large purchases.
- Evaluates field operations of projects and provides reports as requested. Directs manual and field assistance as needed to achieve project mission.
- Provides data and assists in strategic planning of the organization and serves as member of project management team.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Range and Wildlife Management or closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience – Six years of related experience in the flora of Texas and applied and scientific experience with habitat restoration practices.
Knowledge of – Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of farm operations and activities.
Ability to – Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to work independently once given a project. Ability to work effectively with a variety of collaborators.
Licensing / Professional Certification – Valid driver’s license. Commercial/nonpolitical pesticide applicator’s license.
Physical Requirements – Exposure to weather, extreme temperatures, atmospheric conditions, potential hazards, and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of others
This position generally supervises employees.
- Travel required.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.