Position Description: Perform independent or supervisory roles in research and communications activities requiring an advanced level of knowledge in a field of science or learning, are predominantly intellectual and varied in character, and require consistent use of discretion and judgment. Prepare, record, and edit podcast episodes, operation of computer and recording equipment, supervision of graduate students and other lab/field personnel on assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, plan, conduct, edit, and coordinate podcast episodes.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques of recording, editing, and podcast broadcasting; keep detailed records.
- Use computers and laboratory or technical equipment to perform recording, editing, communicating, and broadcasting.
- Create, edit, and produce videocasts.
- Summarize project accomplishment for inclusion in scientific and clientele-oriented publications.
- Prepare and write proposals to funding agencies; maintain financial accounts related to research projects.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students and other laboratory, technical or field staff involved on the project.
- Install, operate and/or repair computer and recording equipment.
- Maintain podcast area in a neat and presentable manner.
- Communicate project needs to supervisor.
- Maintain all project equipment.
- The above represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education - Bachelor's degree in relevant field
Experience - Two years of related professional experience.
Knowledge of - Familiarity with appropriate computer and/or technical equipment.
Ability to - Ability to effectively utilize a computer and applicable software to create databases, perform statistical analyses, present data, and perform other computer-related tasks. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.