Research Associate and Administrative Coordinator - Lubbock, Texas
Job Summary: Provide support for the North Texas Research Program of the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute (CKWRI) in Lubbock, TX. This position is inherently multifaceted, ideal candidates will have experience in wildlife research, producing electronic media products, and performing administrative duties.
Salary: Permanent position. Commensurate on experience. $33K - $55K annually.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate ongoing research projects in North Texas and surrounding regions.
- Aid in preparing and editing North Texas Research Program performance reports, proposals, and scientific manuscripts associated with program growth and/or research.
- Develop and maintain outreach products associated with North Texas Research Program and CKWRI’s social media platforms.
- Aid in website maintenance and development for North Texas Research Program and CKWRI.
- Obtain quotes and order supplies for North Texas Research Program office space and currently active research projects.
- File expense reports, book travel, file vehicle mileage, and coordinate vehicle maintenance for North Texas Research Program.
- Aid in research proposal evaluation and submission.
- Develop central database for research grant opportunities for faculty and staff of CKWRI.
- Participates in planning and execution of administrative operations. May serve as the office manager. Monitors office procedures. Develops, evaluates, and ensures adherence to office procedures.
- Reviews documents for supervisor. Attends meetings or committees on behalf of supervisor.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares itineraries. Coordinates meetings, seminars, and other special events and may provide on-site support.
- Coordinates the maintenance of files, records, office supplies, or equipment. Makes recommendations for process improvements, administrative changes, or new initiatives.
Education – Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience – Two years of related experience.
Knowledge of –Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
Ability to – Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Interpersonal and communication skills. Planning and organization skills.
Licensing / Professional Certification – None.
Physical Requirements – None.
- Experience in wildlife research including project logistics, research proposals, and scientific writing.
- Experience in research outreach materials including social media and web-based applications.
Human Resources webpage on Texas A&M University-Kingsville website
Dr. Levi Heffelfinger - firstname.lastname@example.org