Stedman Chair for White-tailed Deer Research
Position Description: Associate/Full Professor of Range and Wildlife Sciences, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, Department of Rangeland and Wildlife Sciences, College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Human Sciences, Texas A&M University-Kingsville. This is a 75% research and 25% teaching, 12-month, tenure-track appointment. Initial salary shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Lead the Deer Research Program at the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute.
- Develop an extramurally-funded research program focusing on white-tailed deer ecology and management, commensurate with a 75% research appointment.
- Teach one graduate-level course per year to meet the needs of the Department. Courses will include large mammal ecology and a course in applicant's area of expertise.
- Direct graduate students in research.
- Participate in the academic affairs of the department, college, and university as needed.
- Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution or university in wildlife science or related field from an accredited university.
- Evidence of a nationally recognized program in ungulate research, demonstrated by record of research productivity.
- Ability to teach courses in range and wildlife science (i.e., must have a minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in range and wildlife science)
- Demonstrated potential to attract extramural funding.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with wildlife managers, students, professionals, and other scientists.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, students, and state, federal, and private natural resource organizations.
Special Application Instructions:
Prior to issuing letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution by the Office of the Provost, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, MSC 102, Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202. However, for review of application, applicants may submit unofficial transcripts from each institution of higher education attended directly to the search committee chair. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator (AACRAO): http://www.aacrao.org/international/foreignEdCred.cfm
Preferred start date:06-01-2018
Notes: The above duties may not be performed in every position with this title and the above functions may not include all related duties that might be performed. Requires physical activities supportive of the above job duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary. If you are a male age 18 through 25, you must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. Texas A&M University Kingsville is committed to excellence; the University invites applications from all qualified applicants. Texas A&M University-Kingsville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.